7 Active Directory Alternative for Active Directory (AD) is a directory administration created by Microsoft for Windows space arranges and is incorporated into most Windows Server working frameworks as a progression of procedures and administrations. Promotion space controllers confirm and permit all clients and PCs on Windows area type systems – set up and actualize security arrangements for all PCs, and introduce or update programming.
For example, when a user logs on to a computer that is part of the Windows domain, Active Directory checks the password sent and determines whether the user is a system administrator or a normal user. Active Directory uses versions 2 and 3 of the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) and Microsoft versions of Kerberos and DNS. Microsoft Active Directory alternative for Linux, Mac, Windows, Hosted Hosted, BSD, and more in Active Directory Alternative.
7 Active Directory Alternative for Windows
Filter by license to find open source alternatives or free. This list contains a total of 11 applications similar to Microsoft Active Directory. Microsoft Active Directory Alternatives: – If you are a Windows user, do you want other people to enter your system regardless of you? Therefore Active Directory is designed properly, to verify that people who enter your system are normal users or system administrators. This protects your system from unknown records in an attempt.
Active Directory is designed for Microsoft Windows domain networks and personal purpose databases. It appears as a series of processes and services related to most Windows server operating systems. The server that is running Active Directory Domain Services is a domain controller that validates all users and devices on a Windows domain network.
This helps organize and implement security codes for all devices and for installing or updating software. Therefore, if a user tries to log in to your Windows-based computer, Active Directory will authenticate the entered password and identify and distinguish between system administrators and normal users. Active Directory was specifically developed to read a large number of modifications and updates made to your computer.
However, there are a number of third-party alternatives for 7 Active Directory Alternative that perform the same function while offering various types of features. In this publication, we will guide you through the best Microsoft Active Directory alternatives that will help you choose the best for you.
The 7 Active Directory Alternative
- Apache Directory from the Apache Software Foundation, open source software by the Apache Software Foundation, provides complete written solutions in Java that include the supported LDAP V3 directory server. This is supported by Open Group n 2006 and also by the Eclipse database utility. Besides LADP, the Apache Directory also supports icons other than the Kerberos server. Eclipse-based directory tool, Apache Directory Studio, including browser maps, DSML editors, LDAP browsers / editors, LDIF editors, and so on. The RCP application from Eclipse, the Apache Directory consists of many Eclipse based plugins that can be easily upgraded with additional options in Active Directory Alternative.
- Open LDAP or LDAP Admin is a free, open source Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) application designed by OpenLDAP. This is a Windows client and an administrative tool for LDAP to control the LDAP database. Open LDAP is one of the best alternatives for MS Active Directory for administrators, allowing you to search, search, change, create and delete items on the LDAP server. The system searches and manages passwords, supports binary attributes, exports and imports LDIF, and more.
- Univention Corporation Server (UCS) is a server program that uses profitable operations and easy control in application servers and completes IT processes. This server operating system is supported by Debian GNU / Linux with an integrated and multi-platform centralized management system for servers, clients, desktops, users and transversal devices running the UCS system. Since upgrading to version 3.0, Univention Corporation has also begun supporting the functionality provided by Microsoft Active Directory for many hardware companies controlled by MS Windows with the help of Samba 4 (open source software).
- Lepide Auditor for Active Directory for control changes to Active Directory by using a powerful program, Lepide Auditor for Active Directory. It was designed to provide tools for managing changes in directories. This can track edits and detect unwanted edits. Allows you to see who made changes quickly, what changes were, when and where. The best part is that it also allows you to audit where there is no audit log. Other features include an audited system control panel, a custom control panel display, the creation of all audit logs, a central site, the creation of a business view immediately for those edited edited, and more. It also tells you every time you find an important change.
- JXplorer was designed by the eTrust directory development laboratory by Computer Associates, a free and open source multi-platform LDAP browser and editor, the standard general-purpose LDAP client suitable for searching, reading and modifying standard LDAP or X500 directories with the DSML interface. Trusted is very flexible and can be customized in several different ways. This program is written in Java and has a built-in system and SVN source code or is available as a default compiler. JXplorer is equipped with a default setup and security report utility.
- FreeIPA support from Red Hat is one of their ambitious projects, which is an open-source and free project, and intends to provide identity, primarily aimed at the policy and audit groups of Linux and Unix computer networks. This project is currently packaged with version 6.2 of RHEL, by Active Directory. There are assumptions about security information management including Linux, NTP, DNS and more, grouped with open source components and standard icons, a strong focus on convenience and installation functions, complete primary replication for redundancy and flexibility, expanded management interfaces such as XMLRPC, CLI, WEB UI, etc.
- Samba is an open source and free CIFS application that works on Unix platforms and works on harmonious coexistence between Unix and Windows. While it runs on Unix systems, it talks to Windows clients as if it were theirs. What we like is that Unix lets you switch to the Windows Network Neighborhood without commotion, followed by Windows without problems, without Unix. This project can manage all of this through a behavior code currently called CIFS or “Common Internet File System”. Samba has been moved to hosts other than Unix such as NetWare, AmigaOS, and VMS. The exclusive CIFS file server software also supports many different vendors that provide it in 7 Active Directory Alternative.
Incoming search terms:
- active directory alternative