Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7 allows IT administrators to manage roles and features installed on remote computers that are running Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 or Windows Server 2008 R2 Windows Server 2003 from a remote computer that is running Windows Server 2008 R2 Run Windows 7 or Windows 7 with SP1. This includes support for remote administration of computers that are running Server Core or for completing Windows Server 2008 R2 installation options with SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2. For some roles and features, Windows Server 2008 can be remotely managed by using RSAT for Windows 7 SP1, although the Core Core installation option is not available with Windows Server 2003.
This feature is comparable in functionality to the Windows Server 2003 administrative tool package and RSAT for Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1). Remote Server Administration Tool Supported operating system : Windows 7, Windows 7 Service Pack. The RSAT for Windows 7 SP1 can be installed on computers that are running Enterprise, Professional, or Ultimate version of Windows 7 or Windows 7 SP1. This program can only be installed on computers that are running Enterprise, Professional, or Ultimate version of Windows 7 or Windows 7 SP1; it can not be installed on the target server that you want to administer.
The x86 and x64 versions of the RSAT for Windows 7 SP1 are available for download on this page. Download and install the version that corresponds to the architecture of the computer on which you plan to install the administration tool. If you are not sure whether your computer is x86 or x64, see How to determine whether your computer is running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows.
Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7 Features
The Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7 SP1 can be used to manage roles and features that run on a Core Server or a full-installation Windows Server 2008 R2-based installation option with SP1 or Windows Server 2008 R2. Remote administration is also supported for many functions and features that run on Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2003.
The RSAT for Windows 7 SP1 may not be installed on computers that are running Windows Server 2003 Administration Administration Packs or Server 2000 Server® administrative hardware packages. Remove all versions of the Package Manager tool or the Remote Server Administration tool from your computer before you install the RSAT for Windows 7 SP1.
Only one copy when the RSAT for Windows 7 SP1 can be installed on the computer. Before you install a new package, delete all copies of RSAT for Windows 7 SP1. This includes all versions in different languages.
For detailed information about the tools that are available in the RSAT for Windows 7 SP1 and the supported operating systems that can be targeted, see Knowledge Base Article 958830.
Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7
Step to Install the Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7 SP1
You must be a member of the administrators group on the computer on which you want to install the Administrative Tools package, or you must log on to the computer by using an internal administrator account.
- On a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows 7 SP1, download the Windows 7 Remote Server Administration Tool with SP1 from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Open the folder where the package was downloaded, double-click the package to open it, and then run the Remote Server Administration Tool for Windows 7 by using the SP1 Setup Wizard. IMPORTANT: You must accept the Limited License and Warranty Terms to begin installing the Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7 Pack.
- Complete all installation steps in the wizard, and then click Finish to exit the wizard when the installation is complete.
- Click Turn on or off Windows features in In the Programs and Features. If you are prompted by User Account Control to activate the Windows Features dialog box, click Continue. In the Windows Features dialog box, expand the Remote Server Administration tool.
- Select the remote administration tool you want to install. Click OK. Configure the Start menu to display the Administrative Tools shortcut, if it does not already exist. Right-click Start, and then click Properties. • On the Start Menu tab, click Customize.
- In the Customize Start Menu dialog box, scroll down to System Management Tool, and then select Display in the All Programs and Start Menu list. Click OK. Shortcuts for snap-ins that are installed by the RSAT for Windows 7 SP1 are added to the Administrative Tools menu on the Start menu.
Thanks for downloading file Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7
Incoming search terms:
- active directory tools windows 7