SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) is an integrated environment that is useful in managing any SQL infrastructure. Use services from SSMS to access, configure, manage, and develop all SQL Server components, Azure SQL Database, and SQL data warehouses in Active Directory Tools.
SQL Server Management provides a comprehensive utility that combines various graphical tools with a number of formatted text editors to provide SQL Server access to developers and database administrators for all skill levels.
SQL Server Management Tools Component
- Object Explorer: An Object Explorer is a component that can be used to view and manage all objects in one or more instances of SQL Server.
- Template Explorer: Object Explorer is a service that will provide a way to use Template Explorer to create and manage orthogonal text files that can be used to speed up the development of queries and scripts.
- Solution Explorer: How to use Suspended Explorer Solution to create projects that are used to manage management elements such as scripts and queries.
- Visual Database Tool: How to use visual design tools included in Management Studio.
- Query and Text Editors (SQL SSMS): How to use the Language Management Studio editor to interactively query and text text.
Download SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
SSMS is an integrated environment for managing every SQL infrastructure, from SQL Server to Azure SQL Database. SSMS provides tools for configuring, monitoring, and managing SQL instances. Use SSMS to deploy, monitor and improve the data layer components used by your application, and generate queries and scripts. Use SQL Server Management to ask about database design, design and management wherever they are – on your local computer or in the cloud.
Free SQL SSMS 18.0 Public Preview 6 is now available, the latest generation of SQL Server Management that provides support for previewing SQL Server 2019!
Download SQL Server Management Studio 17.9.1
Download SQL Server Management Studio 17.9.1 Upgrade Package (upgrades 17.x to 17.9.1)
Download SQL Server Management Studio 18.0 (preview 6)
SSMS 17.9.1 is the latest public version (GA) of SSMS
Download SQL Server Management 17.9.1
Download the SQL Server Management 17.9.1 upgrade package (17.x upgrade to 17.9.1)
Installation instructions for SQL Server Management Studio and Issues (SSMS 17.9.1)
- Minimize reinstallation
- Follow the steps below to reduce the possibility of SSMS Setup that requires a restart at the end of the installation:
- Make sure you are running the latest version of the Redistributable Visual C ++ 2013 Package. Version 12.0.40649.5 (or greater) is required. Only x64 version is required.
- Check the .NET Framework version on 4.6.1 (or greater) computers.
- Close each instance of Visual Studio that is open on the computer.
- Make sure you have installed all the latest operating system updates on your computer.
- This procedure is usually only needed once.
There are some cases that require a reboot during additional enhancements to the same SSMS version. For secondary upgrades, all SSMS prerequisites are installed on the computer.
SQL Server Management Studio 18.0 (preview 6)
SSMS 18.0 Public Preview 6 is now available, the latest generation of SQL Server Management that provides support for previewing SQL Server 2019!
Download SQL Server Management 18.0 (Preview 6)
Preview 6 is the latest general SSMS 18.0 preview. If you have pre-installed SSMS 18.0, delete it before installing SSMS 18.0 (Preview 6). You did not update SSMS 18.x installation or replace SSMS version 17.x or earlier. SSMS 18.x is installed together with the previous version so that both versions are available for use.
If your computer has SSMS installation side by side, make sure that the correct version is running for your specific needs. The latest version has the label Microsoft SQL Server Management 18: Available languages (SSMS 18.0 Preview 6) This SSMS version can be installed in the following languages. SQL Server Management 18.0 (preview 6): Chinese (Simplified) Chinese (Traditional) English (United States) French, German German Portuguese Korean Japanese (Brazil) Russian Spanish
Upgrade package for SQL SSMS 18.0 (upgrade to 18.0):
The upgrade option is not available at this time. If you have pre-installed SSMS 18.0, delete it before installing SSMS 18.0 (Preview 6). The SQL Server PowerShell module is a separate installation through the PowerShell Gallery. For more information, see Download the SQL Server PowerShell Module.
What’s New in This Release (SSMS 18.0 preview 6)
SSMS 18.0 (Preview 6) is the latest version of SQL Server Management. The SSMS 18.x generation provides support for all feature fields in SQL Server 2008 by previewing SQL Server 2019. SQL offers supported (SSMS 18.0 preview 6). This SSMS version works with all supported versions of SQL Server 2008 – Preview SQL Server 2019 and provides the highest level of support for working with the latest cloud features in Azure SQL.
In addition, SSMS 18.x can be installed together with SSMS 17.x, SSMS 16.x, SQL Server 2014 SSMS, and earlier versions. SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) – version 17.x or later SSMS does not support connection to old SQL Integration Services. To connect to an earlier version of Legacy Integration Services, use the SSMS version that is compatible with the SQL Server version.
For example, use SSMS 16.x to connect to SQL Server 2016 services to integrate legacy services. SSMS 17.x and 16.x SSMS can be installed side by side on the same computer. Since the launch of SQL Server 2012, SSIS Catalog, SSISDB, is the recommended way to store, manage, operate and monitor integration service packages. For more details, see the SSIS Catalog.
Supported Operating System (SSMS 18.0 Preview 6). This SSMS version supports the following 64-bit platforms when used with the latest service packages available:
Windows 10 (64-bit) *
Windows Server 2016 *
Windows Server 2012 R2 (64-bit)
Windows Server 2012 (64-bit)
Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)
* Requires version 1607 (10.0.14939) or newer for SQL Server Management Studio Download
Incoming search terms:
- sql server management studio active directory
- download sql server management studio (ssms)1607
- download ssms upgrade version 1607 or greater
- manage active directory sql server management studio
- ssms active directory -password