What is rDirectory?
rDirectory is a web-based directory service that allows organizations to manage their users, groups, and resources. It provides instant Active Directory search results from anywhere.
In this article, we will discuss rDirectory, features of rDirectory, how it works, minimum system requirements, and supported browsers.
How rDirectory work?
`rDirectory` allows you to create customer views and edit web pages that utilize the existing schema (class, attributes, or relationship) already present in the Active Directory.
rDirectory automatically detects the custom classes or attributes previously added in the Active Directory for your organization. There is no need for schema extensions.
Cool Tip: Learn more about Active Directory Schema and how it works!
rDirectory supports a variety of features. These features are given below.
- Web-Based Directory – rDirectory allows you to compose a web page application to access information in the Active Directory from anywhere. Using Netscape’s designer, you can create custom search applications to search for objects, and attributes in the active directory.
- Role-Bases Access and Delegation – rDirectory provides the ability to define access based on three role types as Group-Based Roles, Relationship-Based Roles, and Claim-Based Roles. It provides multiple levels of delegation and group management.
- Dynamic Global Catalog Selection – rDirectory can be configured to use dynamic global catalog selection.
- Data Integrity Controls – rDirectory provides the ability to confidently delegate tasks while maintaining the integrity of your data.
- AD LDS Support – rDirectory provides identity management applications for AD LDS without having Active Directory extensive infrastructure.
What are the System Requirements for rDirectory?
rDirectory and its other tool myPassword can be installed with IIS7.0 or higher on the following operating systems.
- Windows Server 2008 / Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012 / Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
.NET Framework 4.5.1 or later is required to install rDirectory on the system.
What are the Supported Browsers?
rDirectory supports the following browsers.
- Chrome 8.0 or later
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox
Where to Get rDirectory?
rDirectory is available for evaluation period from the rDirectory website. You can also purchase a commercial license for rDirectory.
Cool Tip: Learn more about the Dsacls command-line tool to view and change permissions in the ACL of objects in the ADDS.
I hope the above article on rDirectory active directory management through a web application is helpful to you.
If you are looking for a directory service that can help you to reduce costs, improve security, and increase compliance, then rDirectory is a good option to consider.